Caswell Equine Supplies
Enhancing an online store
Caswell Equine Supplies were looking to improve user experience, fix on-page errors and boost online sales.
After completing an SEO audit with us, Caswell Equine Supplies reached out to us once more for our support in improving their website’s usability and on-page SEO. We were ready and armed with a full audit, looking to enhance their URL structure, categories, metadata and everything in between.
After closely examining their existing website, we established a number of points that needed our immediate attention:
- The website’s structure was too confusing, with products falling into multiple incorrect categories.
- Some products had incorrect codes, details and pricing.
- Navigation was confusing, with a crowded menu causing users to bounce off their website in seconds since they couldn’t find what they were looking for.
- Important information wasn’t visible enough, such as phone numbers, shipping information and address details.
- Their website had no way to gather information for email sign-ups.
- Many, many links were broken, causing poor user experience.
How we helped.
Caswell Equine Supplies’ website looked a little dated, with inconsistencies in its design. We gave their website a complete refresh, using minimal colours to improve overall appearance and encourage conversions, while implementing a new flow in its navigation – making it easier for their customers to shop online (and on the go).
Although we were originally tasked with multiple SEO fixes (including 4000+ broken links, badly formatted category URLs and slow load speed), we were incredibly excited to produce a refreshed, professional design that Caswell Equine Supplies could maximise to its full potential.
During our work, subtle SEO improvements soon began to increase rankings, with many products jumping to the first page of Google.
Caswell Equine Supplies’ branding is simplistic by design, however, their website did not showcase their positioning in their industry.
We were tasked with creating a web design that somewhat bragged (with good reason to) about their knowledge, high-quality products and all-round expertise.
What happened next...
Caswell Equine Supplies received an abundance of compliments regarding their new website design, with positive feedback reporting how much easier their website was to navigate, shop and explore new products via their dedicated categories.
We were incredibly excited to deliver a faster, responsive web design that reduced its previous bounce rate, increased product sales by 23% in its first 14 days and improved SERPs results.